3 things to do on St. Patrick's Day

US NEWS STPATS 3 CS
Richard Smith leads the way during the St. Patrick's Day parade at Shandon Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina, Friday, March 15, 2013. (C. Aluka Berry/The State/MCT)

Gone are the days of the annual Flogging Molly St. Patrick’s Day concerts at Tempe Town Lake, but that doesn’t mean the Valley won't go green for the day. Here are a few affordable St. Patrick’s Day events that will sham-rock your week:

The Irish Cultural Center

It’s open year round, but the center may hold a draw for those more interested in academics and less in parades in celebration. Cobblestone and towering, the building itself looks like it was taken straight out of Dublin. The building is located at 106 North Central Ave. in Phoenix.

Pot of Gold

Are you a music lover? Well, you’ve struck gold. On March 17 and 19, Chandler will host a two-day music festival at with a killer lineup. Artists such as Big Sean, Rebelution and Slightly Stoopid will perform at Rawhide.

The "College" Alternative

If you're reading this, chances are you're a broke and busy college student. So here's your cheap and quick alternative. 

Take a free Uber, using the code "SHAMROCK2016," and high tail it to McDonalds to get a Shamrock Shake.

Reach the assistant news editor at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×