Tempe Police: Man breaks into woman's apartment, invites friends over to shower

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incident Thursday:

A 23-year-old man was arrested March 6 on the 1700 block of East Eighth Street on suspicion of trespassing and criminal damage, according to a police report.

The man, accompanied by four others, broke the screen to a woman's apartment and entered the property without her permission, police reported.

The woman, who said she knows the man, found him inside the apartment where she confronted him, according to the report.

She called officers and he, along with his four companions, left the apartment and they were located by officers, police reported.

They were all positively identified in a one-on-one investigation by officers, police reported.

After being arrested, the man said the woman would be OK with him being in the apartment, according to the report.

He said he called his friends over to use the shower, police reported.

It was revealed later that the man texted the woman telling her he was going to break into her apartment, and the woman told him he was not allowed to, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Report compiled by Megan Janetsky.

Related links:

Tempe Police: Man harasses woman in bar then knocks friend out

Tempe Police: Man has money, steals shirts anyway

Reach the assistant news editor at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×