10 songs to listen to after you ace your finals

Have a listen.

Incoming freshmen and other ASU students cheer during ASU's Fall Welcome Concert on Tuesday, Aug. 18, 2015, at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe.

After you step out of that classroom for the last time of the semester, take a deep breath and smile knowing that it's all over. Then take a look at the playlist below. It may not flow perfectly, but at least one of these songs will help put you in the right mood for summer. If you want to listen to the entire playlist, scroll to the bottom.

U Can't Touch This

Although there's no particular order, this should be the first song you listen to. Sing along to the narcissistic anthem, and beat your ego's drum; you've done it, now go out and have some fun.

Aloha Oe

Slip into your sandals and swimsuit, lay down in the sun and soak in the delicate melody of Aloha Oe. No matter where you vacation, you can always feel like you're sitting on the warm sands of Hawaii.

Goodbye Weekend

This is just one of several songs that sound like a summer vacation. In fact, the entire album "Salad Days" does. Find a place to relax and listen to this 3-minute daydream and if you can, listen to any of Mac Demarco's albums.

On The Road Again

A perfect song for a road trip, and you don't need to be a country fan to enjoy it. The song preaches the message of enjoying the moments doing the things you love with people you love in life's busy days or while "on the road." 

Ice Ice Baby

Here's a throwback — this was Vanilla Ice's first hit single 26 years ago. It's catchy, fun and if you don't at least nod your head along, you should probably get that checked out.

Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

Some people love it, and some hate it — I love it. Put on your headphones and dance out of finals with some groove.

1612

Turn on some Vulfpeck and start your summer off with a little funk. Groove along to the commanding bass and the soulful vocals of Antwan Stanley.

Saturday In The Park

If you want to jumpstart your summer vacation with a happy song, check out this one. This song will put a smile on your face and make any day feel like the Fourth of July.

Stayin' Alive

You've stayed alive throughout the semester, now live it up over break. This song may be a little old, but it makes anyone of any age tap their feet and enjoy the present moment.

Never Gonna Give You Up

Arguably the best song in this playlist is none other than Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." This song will never give you up, run around or desert you. 

Full Playlist

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @andrewniclaASU.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×