ASU vs. NAU: By the numbers

ASU opened the season with one in the win column against FCS Northern Arizona.

Arizona State redshirt senior wide receiver Tim White looks to stiff arm the NAU linebacker during the 44-13 victory against the Northern Arizona University Lumberjacks in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona, on Saturday, September 3, 2016.

24

Fourth quarter points for the Sun Devils. ASU struggled offensively for a majority of the game, but picked it up in the final stanza to make the score more convincing.

12

Points for senior kicker Zane Gonzalez. Despite missing a PAT for the first time since missing two on September 6, 2014 at New Mexico, Gonzalez contributed double-digit points for the 22nd time in his career.

269

Total yardage for redshirt sophomore quarterback Manny Wilkins. In his first career start, Wilkins was efficient on the air and on the ground, making both small and big plays to move the ball down field.

9

Receptions for redshirt senior wide receiver Tim White. As expected, White was relied on heavily by Wilkins and his nine catches matched a career-high that he previously achieved last November in a three overtime game against Oregon.

369

Passing yards for NAU sophomore quarterback Case Cookus. After a season struggling against the pass, ASU pledged to improve in 2016. Those improvements were not apparent Saturday, as Cookus shredded the Sun Devils with chunk plays, but failed to get in the end zone more than once.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow @Tonis_The_Tiger on Twitter.

×