Matchups to watch: ASU vs. Cal

What key areas do the Sun Devils need to win to come out of Saturday unbeaten?

Arizona State junior running back Kalen Ballage (7) celebrates with redshirt sophomore Sam Jones (76) after scoring a touchdown in the first half of the game versus Texas Tech in Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona, on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016.

ASU sophomore cornerback Kareem Orr vs. Cal redshirt junior wide receiver Chad Hansen

The Sun Devil secondary has been porous to say the least so far this season. The Cal passing game is led by senior quarterback Davis Webb and his favorite target in Hansen. Through three games, Hansen has caught 40 passes for 546 yards, shredding opposing defenses.

ASU's offensive line vs. Cal's defensive line

orStrength on weakness for the Sun Devils. Despite a rocky first game, the Sun Devils' new starting five has made space for running backs and given redshirt junior quarterback Manny Wilkins time in the pocket. On the other side, Cal has allowed 6.5 yards per carry to opponents and has recorded just four sacks.

ASU's linebackers vs. Cal junior running back Vic Enwere

While the Golden Bears don't run the ball often, Enwere has been effective with minimal opportunities to carry the ball. Enwere hasn't had fewer than 70 yards in a game this season and averages 6.6 yards per touch, keeping defenses honest. It's imperative for the Sun Devil linebackers to keep Enwere at bay, keeping Cal one-dimensional.

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or follow @Tonis_The_Tiger on Twitter.

×