One of the largest human resource companies opens office in Tempe

ADP will relocate to Tempe and hire 1,500 people this spring. 

As you walk around downtown Tempe next spring you will notice that the streets are busier, the lines in restaurants around lunch are longer and the sidewalks are filled with more people — 1,500 more people to be exact.

But, where will all these people have come from? 

In spring 2017, the former US Airways building will now be a new location for ADP, an Automatic Data Processing company. It is a New Jersey based human resources company that is now hiring 1,500 people for it’s new location in Tempe, expected to invest more than $33 million in the Tempe community .

According to ADP's website the positions available require a four-year degree in human resources.

ADP is one of the largest global providers of cloud-based Human Capital Management (HCM) solutions that operates Human Resources (HR), payroll, talent, time, tax and benefits administration.

“ADP’s decision to significantly expand its Arizona workforce demonstrates that industry-leading companies are confident they can create large numbers of jobs in our state and find the best candidates to fill them,” says Governor Ducey in a press release. “Not only does Arizona offer an exceptional talent pool for employers to choose from, it offers a lifestyle that attracts and retains the skilled workers that companies like ADP require.”

It is the leader in business outsourcing services, analytics and compliance expertise, according to ADP’s website. 

“ADP’s decision to locate in Tempe is in large part because of our comprehensive and growing transportation network, deep sense of community, and our vibrant urban environment,” Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell says through spokesperson Kris Baxter-Ging.

ADP helps organizations of all types and sizes unlock their business potential. They serve more than 610,000 clients around the world, according to ADP’s website.

Richard Roller, CFO of Montclair Hotels and Resorts, says their company has been a client of ADP since 2005.

Roller says ADP has been a valuable resource for the company and has allowed them to expand anywhere in the United States.

“ADP, and its ADP TotalSource division, is a growing business that many small and mid-sized companies use to provide not only payroll processing, but professional tax support and human resource consulting,” Roller says.

He says ADP’s expansion in Tempe will benefit the local economy by providing more professional level opportunities for employees in that area as he has seen from experience with his company.

“We value the professionals at ADP who are experts in their craft and make it simple to partner with them. They are a cost effective option for most small and mid-sized businesses and we are more than pleased with their professionalism,” Roller says.

Cathy Mindeman, client relations expert for ADP, has been with the company for almost 12 years. 

According to Roller, Mindeman has been their client relations expert for the past few years and her and the company's professionalism is one of the main reasons why his company has remained a client of ADP.

Mindeman says the main goal in her position at ADP is to provide her clients with a professional and outstanding experience. 

ADP has more than 56,000 employees around the world and brings in an annual revenue of about $12 billion, according to ADP’s website.

“We are thrilled to welcome ADP to the City of Tempe. The 1,500 new jobs will contribute to Tempe’s diverse economy and be part of the great things happening in downtown Tempe,” Tempe Mayor Mark Mitchell says through a spokesperson.

×