Tempe and ASU police are searching for a man involved in assault and weapons violations

ASU Police tweeted a crime alert indicating a search for Mishal Almustaneer, who is suspected to be armed and dangerous

ASU Police Department

The ASU Police Department headquarters is seen in Tempe on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014.

Tempe and ASU police are currently searching for a man they said is linked to multiple aggravated assaults and weapons violations cases from the past two days.

ASU police tweeted a crime alert Monday afternoon saying both Tempe and ASU police are searching for Mishal “Mike” Almustaneer, who allegedly pulled a gun on someone earlier in the week.

Lily Duran, a spokeswoman for Tempe police, said Almustaneer was last seen near Terrace and Lemon streets, an area he’s been known to frequent.

“We are asking students and members of the community to remain vigilant,” Duran said. “But do not approach because he is considered armed and dangerous.”

Duran said Almustaneer has previously had contact with the police.

ASU police said in the alert to not approach Almustaneer. The alert asked anyone with information about Almustaneer or his whereabouts to immediately call ASU or Tempe police at 480-965-3456.

Reach the reporter at  Emmillma@asu.edu or follow @Millmania1 on Twitter.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×