ASU police investigating exhibitionism on Tempe campus

An unknown male suspect exposed himself to a female student Thursday night, according to ASU police

ASU Police cruiser
An ASU police cruiser turns from Mill Avenue onto 5th Street on Oct. 19, 2014.

The ASU Police Department is looking for a man suspected of exposing himself to a student in the Psychology Building on ASU's Tempe campus around 7 p.m. Thursday.

The department tweeted a crime alert about the incident Friday morning urging anyone with information to contact police.

"An unknown male exposed himself to a female student in the Psychology Building," the alert said. 

Katy Harris, a spokeswoman for ASU police, said there is no additional information on the suspect at this time. 

"Although this incident is disturbing, we are glad it was reported," Harris said. "We encourage anyone to report unlawful incidents, and unusual or suspicious activity. Even if you’re not sure if you’ve experienced something worth reporting, report anyway.”

The alert described the subject as a 5-foot-9-inch black male in his mid-20s or 30s. He was wearing a grey T-shirt with a Captain America shield, jean shorts and white Nike shoes. 

The alert also said the suspect had a small afro-style haircut and a mustache. 

Anyone who has information relating to this incident should call ASU police at 480-965-3456.

Reach the reporter at isaac.windes@asu.edu or follow @isaacwindeschef on Twitter.

×