Four ASU baseball players no longer with program, according to 2018 roster

The roster for the 2018 season was made available Friday

ASU junior infielder Andrew Snow (4) catches the relay and throws the ball to the plate during game three of a baseball series against the UCLA Bruins at Phoenix Municipal Stadium in Phoenix on April 2, 2017.

On Friday, ASU baseball made the 2018 roster available online and some notable names were absent.

The upcoming season’s roster did not include senior infielder Andrew Snow, incoming junior right-hand James Ryan, incoming redshirt junior left-hander and infielder Reagan Todd and incoming sophomore left-hander Sean Keating, all 2017 players. 

Sun Devil media relations confirmed to The State Press that all four players were no longer with the program. The reasons for each players' departure are unknown.

In three seasons at ASU, the 6-foot-1,185-pound Snow hit .274 (127-for-464) in 45 games (31 starts) with 27 doubles, 63 RBI and an on-base percentage of .340. After hitting .300 and .276 in each of his first two years as a Sun Devil, the native of Woodland, California hit just .242 as a junior.

In two years in Tempe, Ryan was 1-1 with a 5.79 ERA (30 ER in 46.2 IP) with 35 strikeouts and 12 walks. The Huntington Beach, California native surrendered seven home runs and earned a save in 31 appearances.

In 18 games, spanning seven at-bats, Todd did not collect a hit in his two seasons at ASU. In 20 appearances as a pitcher (one start), the 6-foot-3 215-pounder was 2-5 with a 6.87 ERA (28 ER in 35.1 IP).

Keating was a part of head coach Tracy Smith’s 14-player 2016 signing class, which was ranked the fifth-best in the nation by Perfect Game.

Before signing with ASU, the 6-foot-3 190-pound Keating struck out five of the six batters he faced at the Perfect Game National Showcase. The Salt Lake City, Utah, native was named first team all-state in his final three years at Bingham High School in South Jordan, Utah.

In June, major league clubs drafted seven of the 14 players that made up Smith’s 2017 signing class. In addition, current Sun Devil pitcher Connor Higgins was drafted. It is unclear how many of those drafted, including Higgins, will stay at ASU.

Reach the reporter at jpjacqu1@asu.edu or follow @joejacquezaz on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter. 

×