The ASU soccer team tied 1-1 with Colorado in double overtime

The Sun Devils earn their first tie of the season

_MGL3786.jpg

ASU senior defender Madison Wolf (16) prepares to pass the ball to another player during a game against Weber State at the Sun Devil Soccer Stadium in Tempe, Arizona,  on Sunday, Sept.16, 2018.

Senior defender Madison Wolf's first goal of the 2018 season in the 52nd minute allowed the ASU soccer team (6-2-1) a 1-1 double overtime draw with No.18 Colorado (9-0-2) on Thursday. 

With the Sun Devils coming off of four straight wins, and the Buffs with eight respectively, both teams were on the right foot offensively coming into the match. 

However, the first 10 minutes proved otherwise when both teams had strong defensive showings.

Only minutes later after the 10-minute mark, Buffs redshirt senior forward Jorian Baucom found a break in the ASU defense, and that allowed her to give Colorado a 1-0 lead. 

Colorado redshirt senior goalkeeper Jalen Tompkins would then hold things down for the Buffs as she earned six saves until the 50-minute mark.

After two corner kick attempts and a high shot that passed as scoring chances, Sun Devil senior defender Jemma Purfield would later come up with an assist to Wolf in the 51st minute. The goal occurred at the right moment for ASU, and it tied the game at 1-1. 

After 110 minutes of play and a series of substitutions for ASU and CU, there would ultimately be no further dents in the match as both teams would stay even at one a piece.

Before heading back on the road, ASU will get set to host Utah on Sunday, Sept. 30 at 1 p.m. MST at Sun Devil Soccer Stadium.

Reach the reporter at Edith.Noriega@asu.edu or follow @Noriega_Edith on Twitter. 

×