Video: Outside President Trump's rally in Arizona

A glimpse at interactions between Trump supporters and protesters outside of the rally Friday

101918MAGARally41.jpg

A Trump supporter challenges the ideas of a protestor at a Make America Great Again rally in Mesa, Arizona, on Friday, Oct. 19, 2018.

President Donald Trump came to rally in Mesa, Arizona with Congresswoman Martha McSally. Hundreds of people gathered outside the rally to voice their opinions, both supporters and protestors. 

Protester 1: [00:00:51] Trump signed legislation to start cleaning up the garbage out of the oceans.

Protester 2: [00:01:03] Donald Trump hasn't addressed carbon pollution in our air.

Protester 3: [00:01:19] I'm a former Republican. I voted for Bush. I believe in conservative values, I believe in the government doing their job to be fiscally conservative and letting us live our best lives without government intrusion, and these new groups of Republicans, The McConnells, The Paul Ryan's, the 'Trumpers,' they do not believe in conservative values. So I've been getting more and more liberal by the day. And that is why I now oppose Trump.

Reach the reporter at aaalva11@asu.edu or follow @abisai_alvarez on Twitter.

Like State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×