Cameron Sisk shines as ASU men's golf finishes fourth at invitational

The Sun Devils finished fourth behind Pepperdine, California and San Jose State at the Alister MacKenzie Invitational

ASU Golf

ASU freshman Cameron Sisk waits to putt during the Maui Jim Invitational at Mirabel Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, on Friday, Sept. 21, 2018.

Freshman Cameron Sisk led the Sun Devils at the Alister MacKenzie Invitational, shooting -5 in his final round, to help ASU finish fourth at -25.

Pepperdine took home the trophy at the Invitational, breaking tournament records after posting a 52-under 800 as a team. RJ Manke from Pepperdine broke two invitational records for individual performance with 10-under 61 in his final round and 21-under 192 for the tournament.

Rounding out the top-three was California, which shot 41-under 811, and San Jose State, which shot 26-under 826. That allowed them to finish one stroke ahead of ASU. Cal was also responsible for breaking the invitational's record for best round by a team, following their 26-under 258 on the first day of the tournament.

Sisk finished the tournament tied for seventh following his 8-under 205 (68-71-66) performance for the Sun Devils.

Sophomore Mason Andersen tied for 10th after shooting even-par in his final round to end at -7 (68-67-71). Andersen tied his single round career low of 67 in his second round of the tournament, which was his best since the last round of the Pac-12 Championship last year.

Junior Alex Del Rey shook off a rough start to the tournament, finishing with back-to-back 67's to end tied for 14th at 6-under 207. 

ASU also fielded junior Blake Wagoner and senior Jino Sohn, who finished tied for 27th and 47th respectively. 

The Sun Devils look to continue their string of solid performances as they travel to Windermere, Florida to compete in the Tavistock Collegiate Invitational on Oct. 21-23. 

Reach the reporter at ccwill14@asu.edu or follow @chasewilliams_8 on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×