ASU men's hockey sweeps Colorado College

The No. 15 Sun Devils improve their winning streak to four games

_MG_8940-2.jpg

ASU sophomore forward Johnny Walker (7) scores a goal in the second period of the Sun Devils' 4-2 win against the Colorado College Tigers at Oceanside Ice Arena in Tempe, Arizona, on Friday, Dec. 14, 2018.

No. 15 ASU men's hockey has improved its season record to 14-6 after sweeping Colorado College this weekend at home.  

Friday, Dec. 14:

On Friday night, the Sun Devils defeated Colorado College 4-2. 

Colorado College took the first lead when senior forward Trey Bradley scored in the second period. Shortly after, freshman forward Ben Copeland scored putting the Tigers up 2-0.

In the second period, freshman defensemen Joshua Maniscalco scored ASU's first goal of the night before sophomore forward Johnny Walker tacked another on, tying the game.

Walker, in the third period, scored his second goal of the night, giving ASU the lead. Maniscalco also scored for a second time, giving ASU the 4-3 win.  

Saturday, Dec. 15:

The Sun Devils dominated Colorado College on Saturday night with a 4-0 win, taking the series.

After a scoreless first period, freshman forward PJ Marrocco netted the first goal of the night early in the second period. 

Late in the second period, redshirt freshman forward Austin Lemieux scored the second goal of the night assisted by Marrocco and junior forward Brett Gruber

In the third period, Walker scored twice, giving ASU the 4-0 win. 

The Sun Devils are back in action on Friday, Dec. 28 for the Desert Hockey Classic at the Gila River Arena in Glendale, Arizona.

Reach the reporter at skbrisen@asu.edu or follow @sophiabriseno on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.  

×