Who will headline Devilpalooza 2019?

ASU PAB released a list of 37 potential artists who may be headlining the annual student concert

Crowd of ASU students dance at ASU’s Devilpalooza on ASU's Tempe campus in Tempe, Arizona on Saturday, Feb. 25, 2017. 

ASU's Programming and Activities Board announced on Monday a list of 37 potential artists who may be performing at the 2019 Devilpalooza event.

PAB organizes the free show for students every year during the Spring semester. Former acts have included T-Pain in 2018, Rae Sremmurd in 2017, Hunter Hayes in 2016 and Panic! at the Disco in 2015.

The student organization posted on its Twitter and Instagram accounts announcing the date of the concert as Saturday Feb. 16 and a link to a Spotify playlist with songs by the potential artists.

The post said that songs will be removed from the playlist each day, narrowing down the pool of artists until the official announcement at the ASU men's basketball game against Oregon State on Jan. 17 at 8 p.m. MST.

PAB also holds a Battle of the Bands each year to choose a student musician or band to open for the headline performer. 

This year's preliminary Battle of the Bands competitions will take place on Jan. 22 at the Tempe campus, Jan. 25 at the Polytechnic campus, Jan. 28 at the West campus and Jan. 30 at the Downtown campus.

The Battle of the Bands Finale to choose the winner will be on the ASU downtown campus at Civic Space Park on Feb. 6. 

Former student performers have included Apollo Bravos and Color 8.

Here is the playlist for those who want to listen and follow along:

And here is the list of potential artists and how many times they appear on the playlist:

• Kygo (4)
  • Conrad Sewell
  • Matin Garrix (3)
  • Galantis (4)
  • OneRepublic
  • Alesso (3)
  • Calvin Harris (3)
  • Selena Gomez
  • Florence Welch
  • Zedd (4)
  • Foxes
  • Tove Lo
  • ILLENIUM (2)
  • MAX
  • ODESZA (4)
  • Maren Morris
  • Grey
  • Dev Dott Dolla
  • Jhene Aiko
  • Zara Larson (2)
  • Zyra
  • Mathew Koma
  • The Night Game
  • Madelyn Grant
  • Parson James
  • Bebe Rexha
  • Don Diablo (2)
  • Marnik
  • Annika Wells
  • Alesso
  • Roy English
  • MNEK
  • Hurts
  • WYNNE
  • Mansionair
  • Jon Bellion
  • Ellie Goulding

PAB did not respond for request to comment by the release of this article. This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Reach the reporter at abpotter@asu.edu and follow @alexispotter_ on Twitter. 

×