Five deals around ASU's Tempe campus for National Margarita Day

You won’t be salty about these food and drink deals available on Friday, Feb. 22

IMG_9985.jpg

Pedestrians walk outside of El Hefe on Mill Avenue in Tempe, Arizona, on Thursday, Feb. 21, 2019. El Hefe will be serving 20 ounce house margaritas for $7.

If your idea of preparing for spring break is relaxing with a drink in hand, look no further. The State Press has you covered with five deals around ASU’s Tempe campus for National Margarita Day on Friday.

Whether you prefer yours on the rocks or frozen, here are the five places to get your tequila fix:

1)  El Hefe 

Get the weekend started off right at El Hefe on Mill Avenue and Seventh Street by sipping on a 20 ounce house margarita, served frozen or on the rocks. At $7 until 10 p.m., the deal is limited at one per person. 

Arrive between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. and you have the option of taking advantage of the El Hefe Happy Hour with $3 tacos and discounted quesadillas and queso fundido dip. 

Additionally, the El Hefe Bulldog Garita, a 32 ounce original margarita with a 7 ounce Dos Equis beer inside, is half-off at $7 during Happy Hour on Fridays.

2)  Macayo’s Depot Cantina 

Macayo’s Depot Cantina on Ash Avenue and Third Street in Tempe is offering a deal designed to satisfy even the most indecisive who are looking to celebrate National Margarita Day. 

Pick four flavors for a margarita flight for $9.99, choosing from the options: house, apple, blood orange, mango, peach, pineapple, prickly pear, raspberry, strawberry, watermelon and wildberry. 

More happy hour deals to keep an eye out for are the $7 tequila shots and the $6 Margarita de Macayo, which are available from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.

3)  Varsity Tavern

Tacos should not be reserved for Tuesday with this deal at Varsity Tavern of 3 tacos for $6, which can be enjoyed with a $4 Dos Equis or Corona until 9 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 22.

Margarita specials, which are also available until 9 p.m., include $7 Patron margaritas and $4 Cazadores margaritas. 

4)  Moxy Tempe

The food and drink deals are plentiful at the Moxy Tempe with the chips and guacamole for $8 and the Menage Tacos for $12. 

As if a frozen watermelon margarita was not enough, a mini bottle of Patron tequila will be served alongside it for $15. The house margarita will also be available at $7 as well as buckets of Mexican beer at 5 for $20. 

Or, work on developing a palate, with a tequila flight at 4 shots for $15. 

5)  Chili’s 

February brings the Grand Romance as Chili's margarita of the month. Made with fresh sour, pomegranate and Grand Marnier, this Lunazul Blanco tequila margarita is available at $5 for the entire month. 

For National Margarita Day, the restaurant will have three margaritas at $5 each that will be sure to put you in a spring break mood. Choose from the Blueberry and Pineapple Margarita, the Tropical Sunrise Margarita and the Cuervo Blue Margarita.

Reach the reporter at chofmann@asu.edu and follow @chofmann528 on Twitter.

×