We are currently accepting applications for Fall 2013!
The deadline for all section editor applications is Sunday, April 28 at midnight. Editors will be informed of their position on May 3.
All general applications are due Friday, May 3 at midnight. If you are applying for a general editorial position, you must attend Open Interview Day on either Tuesday, May 7 or Wednesday, May 8. Please indicate you availability at the end of the application. Your section editor will contact you by Monday, May 6 to set up your meeting time.
If you are applying for the first time, please read the job descriptions HERE. For specific questions regarding a position, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you are a JMC 301 student only pitching a story, please click here.)
You’ll earn a hourly wage and commission on the ads you sell as well as gain invaluable experience in a real-world environment. Training program and mentoring available.
* Student Advertising Manager: Sells advertising as well as oversees all student sales representatives and develops programs for clients. Works closely with a professional advertising manager.
* Student sales representatives: Sells advertising on and off campus, developing new clientele and working with established clients. Customer service is important!
* Marketing Manager: Helps market Student Media products on and off campus. Plans and coordinates events, develops outreach programs and helps distribute products.
You can gain valuable experience producing ads, special products and the daily student newspaper. Day-time and night-time positions available. Software experience required.
* Advertising production: Works with sales representatives to design and expedite the placement of advertisements in the newspaper, special products and on-line. Mostly day-time hours.
* Newspaper production: Does page make-up and design for the front page and inside pages of the newspaper and the State Press magazine. Mostly evening hours.
Student Media occasionally hires students for receptionist and clerical work. For more information on these or any other position, contact Kimberly Moore at 480-965-7572.
ASU Student Media is a equal opportunity employer.