Are you interested in working for The State Press during Spring 2015?
You’ve come to the right place.
We are an award-winning multimedia news organization looking to hire our next great crop of journalists!
The State Press operates two daily news websites and a magazine that publishes three times each semester.
If hired, you will be expected to schedule your classes/other responsibilities accordingly. For most positions, this is primarily an afternoon and nighttime job.
ASU Student Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Editor applications are due on Saturday, Nov. 22, and applications for staff positions are due Saturday, Nov. 29.
Find descriptions for each job here.
Questions? Call the Tempe newsroom at 480-965-2292 or email email@example.com. Other editors’ contact information can be found here.
If you are a JMC 301 student only pitching a story, click here.
You’ll earn a hourly wage and commission on the ads you sell as well as gain invaluable experience in a real-world environment. Training program and mentoring available.
* Student Advertising Manager: Sells advertising as well as oversees all student sales representatives and develops programs for clients. Works closely with a professional advertising manager.
* Student sales representatives: Sells advertising on and off campus, developing new clientele and working with established clients. Customer service is important!
* Marketing Manager: Helps market Student Media products on and off campus. Plans and coordinates events, develops outreach programs and helps distribute products.
You can gain valuable experience producing ads, special products and the daily student newspaper. Day-time and night-time positions available. Software experience required.
* Advertising production: Works with sales representatives to design and expedite the placement of advertisements in the newspaper, special products and on-line. Mostly day-time hours.
* Newspaper production: Does page make-up and design for the front page and inside pages of the newspaper and the State Press magazine. Mostly evening hours.
Student Media occasionally hires students for receptionist and clerical work. For more information on these or any other position, contact Kimberly Moore at 480-965-7572.
ASU Student Media is a equal opportunity employer.