The application for spring 2014 is now open!
The application will be available beginning Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2013 for the listed positions.
Editor applications are due on Monday, Nov. 25, 2013, and editor positions will be hired by Sunday, Dec. 1, 2013. Applications for staff positions are due Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013. Editors will then contact those who applied for staff positions by Friday, Dec. 6, 2013. Hiring decisions will be made by Friday, Dec. 13, 2013.
Interview days will be Monday, Dec. 9 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m and Tuesday, Dec. 10 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Both days will be in our Tempe newsroom in the basement of the Matthews Center. If you are unable to attend these days, the hiring editor will make other arrangements with you.
View a list of job descriptions here.
For specific questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(If you are a JMC 301 student only pitching a story, please click here.)
You’ll earn a hourly wage and commission on the ads you sell as well as gain invaluable experience in a real-world environment. Training program and mentoring available.
* Student Advertising Manager: Sells advertising as well as oversees all student sales representatives and develops programs for clients. Works closely with a professional advertising manager.
* Student sales representatives: Sells advertising on and off campus, developing new clientele and working with established clients. Customer service is important!
* Marketing Manager: Helps market Student Media products on and off campus. Plans and coordinates events, develops outreach programs and helps distribute products.
You can gain valuable experience producing ads, special products and the daily student newspaper. Day-time and night-time positions available. Software experience required.
* Advertising production: Works with sales representatives to design and expedite the placement of advertisements in the newspaper, special products and on-line. Mostly day-time hours.
* Newspaper production: Does page make-up and design for the front page and inside pages of the newspaper and the State Press magazine. Mostly evening hours.
Student Media occasionally hires students for receptionist and clerical work. For more information on these or any other position, contact Kimberly Moore at 480-965-7572.
ASU Student Media is a equal opportunity employer.