Are you interested in working for The State Press during Fall 2014?
You’ve come to the right place.
We are an award-winning multimedia news organization looking to hire our next great crop of journalists!
The State Press operates two daily news websites, a weekly newspaper and quarterly magazine.
Our alumni work for BuzzFeed, Politico, the Washington Post, the Los Angeles Times, Popular Science, the Huffington Post, MLB.com, Fox Sports Arizona, the Arizona Republic, the Phoenix New Times, the Salt Lake Tribune, the Tampa Bay Times, the Minneapolis Star Tribune and many more.
If hired, you will be expected to schedule your classes/other responsibilities accordingly. For most positions, this is primarily an afternoon and nighttime job.
ASU Student Media is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications for section editor positions are due April 26. Applications for all other positions are due May 3.
Questions? Call the Tempe newsroom at 480-965-2292 or email email@example.com. Other editors contact information can be found here: http://www.statepress.com/contact-us/masthead/
If you are a JMC 301 student only pitching a story, click here.
You’ll earn a hourly wage and commission on the ads you sell as well as gain invaluable experience in a real-world environment. Training program and mentoring available.
* Student Advertising Manager: Sells advertising as well as oversees all student sales representatives and develops programs for clients. Works closely with a professional advertising manager.
* Student sales representatives: Sells advertising on and off campus, developing new clientele and working with established clients. Customer service is important!
* Marketing Manager: Helps market Student Media products on and off campus. Plans and coordinates events, develops outreach programs and helps distribute products.
You can gain valuable experience producing ads, special products and the daily student newspaper. Day-time and night-time positions available. Software experience required.
* Advertising production: Works with sales representatives to design and expedite the placement of advertisements in the newspaper, special products and on-line. Mostly day-time hours.
* Newspaper production: Does page make-up and design for the front page and inside pages of the newspaper and the State Press magazine. Mostly evening hours.
Student Media occasionally hires students for receptionist and clerical work. For more information on these or any other position, contact Kimberly Moore at 480-965-7572.
ASU Student Media is a equal opportunity employer.