Echo from the Stars: Weekly Horoscope Jan. 16

Explore the weekly horoscope as ASU students embark on the beginning of the spring semester, uncovering insights into what the stars have in store

echo-capricorn-horoscope-kubasko.jpg

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week.

Aries (March 21 - April 19)

This is a transformative week as the sun and Pluto align in Capricorn, activating success in your academic and career pursuits until Jan. 20. Step out boldly, attend events and seize unexpected opportunities. Embrace competition and connect with influential figures to advance your career. If overwhelmed, delegate tasks and focus on high-value activities.

As Aquarius season begins, prioritize fostering new connections and discovering and navigating digital possibilities. In a cosmic shift, Pluto enters Aquarius, marking a new era of teamwork for you.

Outdoor adventure: Hike "A" Mountain

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)

This week brings a cosmic directive as the sun and Pluto align in Capricorn in your visionary ninth house. Embrace a departure from your usual logical approach, allowing creativity to flourish without constraints. Wear the exploratory lab coat and take risks to find groundbreaking discoveries.

As Aquarius season commences on Saturday, shift focus to ambitious career goals until Feb. 18. Transform inspired visions into solid plans and explore paths for gainful opportunities. A pivotal career phase awaits as Pluto joins the sun in Aquarius, offering a preview of its 20-year transit from Nov. 19, 2024, to Jan. 19, 2044. This transformative journey may redefine your approach to success, shaping you into an innovative leader who can navigate chaos with composure.

Outdoor adventure: Watch the sunset from Hole in the Rock

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)

This week, maintain a low-key vibe until Jan. 20, as the sun and Pluto delve into Capricorn, fueling your esoteric eighth house. Take time for self-reflection, indulging in books, meditation, and art. If the past weeks brought intensity, prioritize self-care — schedule a massage, detox and engage in gentle exercise. Address relationship dynamics by committing to resolving issues together or taking a break. Remember, relationships are a mutual dance and shared effort is key.

Come Saturday, your adventurous side takes the helm as the sun enters Aquarius, illuminating your happy-go-lucky ninth house until Feb. 18. Excitingly, Pluto bids farewell to your eighth house; starting on September 1, there’s a positive outlook for the next 20 years. Embrace a liberating phase, stepping into leadership and shaping new narratives for a hopeful future.

Outdoor adventure: Sedona day trip with friends

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)

Take a break from technology this week and try to disconnect. Seize the chance for an advantageous encounter with your future collaborator, business partner or romantic interest as the sun and Pluto conclude their tours in Capricorn and your seventh house of duos. Embrace the buddy system with opposites attracting — complementary forces will propel you further. In relationships, make time for arts-based activities to keep things bubbly.

The sun moves into Aquarius this Saturday, bringing a sneak peek of spring fever in your eighth house of intimacy until Feb. 18. It's important to communicate honestly and openly when dealing with unrequited emotions or wanting to take a relationship to the next level. Brace for transformative experiences over the next two decades, creating space for new beginnings.

Outdoor adventure: Kayak at Tempe Town Lake

Leo (July 23 - Aug. 22)

Feeling like hibernating this week? Embrace it, but be productive until Jan. 20th. The configuration of the sun and Pluto in Capricorn emphasizes your methodical sixth house, motivating you to adopt a "professional organizer" mindset. Efficiently tackle clutter, making space for fresh energy.

Get your study groove on by setting up virtual group meetings and check-ins with your classmates. Consider delegating some coursework to free up time for innovative projects and personal growth. It's a wise investment for your future success!

The sun will move into Aquarius for four weeks this Saturday, focusing on partnerships. Collaborating with classmates can be beneficial, but clear agreements are essential. On Saturday, Pluto joins the sun in Aquarius for the second time before Sept. 1, a good time to explore relationship dynamics. This marks a significant shift from your 16-year journey in Capricorn to a two-decade exploration in Aquarius.

Outdoor adventure: Hike Camelback Mountain

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sep. 22)

Take the center stage this week! The sun and Pluto in Capricorn illuminate your charisma-packed fifth house. Use your natural charm to promote yourself and your goals. Whether you are showcasing a finished project or teasing works in progress, position yourself among your peers to become a standout. Build a network of supportive friends who can help you succeed quickly and efficiently. Remember, making connections is critical to achieving your aspirations.

Get ready for Aquarius season with comfy off-duty attire starting this Saturday. The sun's focus on your sixth house of health and wellness until Feb. 18 calls for fitness —team up with friends for added motivation. 

If tasks overwhelm you, collaborate with colleagues to share the workload, allowing you to focus on your strengths. Additionally, Pluto's preview in Aquarius from Saturday until Sept. 1 marks a transformative journey for your well-being, work and organization. Prioritize self-care during this period. Uncovering mind-body connections can lead to potential healing gifts over the next two decades.

Outdoor adventure: Go to the Japanese Friendship Garden

Libra (Sep. 23 - Oct. 22)

This week, embrace cozy vibes! The sun and Pluto in Capricorn highlight your relaxing fourth house, urging you to focus on your home. Use this time to get your space in order and handle pending tasks. If you're considering moving, you might check out some open houses — it's a great way to start exploring your options and get a feel for different neighborhoods

Starting Saturday, shift to the spotlight as the sun enters Aquarius, lighting up your fifth house of fame until Feb. 18. Take on the entertainment director's role, organizing events and scouting getaways. On Saturday, Pluto joins the sun in Aquarius, offering a glimpse of the next two decades. Emerging from a transformative 16-year cycle, prepare for a public phase focused on love, creativity and self-expression. Dive into romance by making the first gesture. Expect deep soul growth and a potential twin flame attraction.

Outdoor adventure: Visit the Desert Botanical Garden

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21) 

This week, break free from doomscrolling! Your "missing puzzle piece" could be right before you this week — be it a new BFF, collaborator or kindred spirit. With the sun and Pluto in your popularity-boosting third house, diverse connections await. Explore conversations beyond small talk, uncovering shared interests. Initiate activities or showcase works in progress.

On Saturday, the sun shifts to Aquarius, focusing on your cozy fourth house until Feb. 18. Enjoy alone time but embrace Aquarian social energy. Host gatherings or update your space. Pluto joins the sun in Aquarius, impacting your domestic fourth house

For the first time in 250 years, Pluto embarks on a 20-year journey, transforming your home and roots. Explore ancestral ties, heal family patterns and create a harmonious sanctuary. If you feel overwhelmed, view the next seven months as a trial run, allowing time for processing before Pluto's final return to Capricorn in September.

Outdoor adventure: Take a trip to the Grand Canyon

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)

This week, as the sun and power-driven Pluto unite in Capricorn, prioritize quality over quantity. Create a 2024 inspiration list; analyze and focus on one or two goals for deep satisfaction. Review your schedule and consider support to avoid energy leaks. Saturday brings solar-powered conviviality to your life as the sun enters Aquarius and your third house until Feb. 18. Balance free time with productivity and collaborate for mutual benefits. Explore local activities, organize events and connect with colleagues or friends. 

Later, Pluto joins the sun in Aquarius, marking the start of a seven month era in your third house of communication. Financial relief is on the horizon after Pluto's transformative journey through your money sector since 2008. Embrace your amplified voice, choosing positivity and leadership over negativity. Explore media, education or writing opportunities and reflect on your reactions for personal healing. A new era awaits!

Outdoor adventure: Visit a ghost town like Jerome

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)

This week, keep the birthday vibes alive for three more days! Shift your focus from daily tasks to explore creative breakthroughs. Pluto exits your sign on Jan. 20 after a transformative 16-year journey. Embrace solo treks and intuitive pursuits. Then, welcome order as the sun enters Aquarius and your practical second house. Plan budgets, timelines and project scopes for a laser-focused mind until Feb. 18. 

Job hunting? Leverage social media and technology. Break the industrious cycle with breaks and self-care. Pluto moves into Aquarius until Sept. 1, finalizing its influence on your money sector. Celebrate the end of a 16-year soul-searching journey and embrace questions about values, priorities and habits. Pluto challenges you to stand for your beliefs and align your goals with your soul. Ponder these questions and implement changes for a fulfilling 2024!

Outdoor adventure: Have a picnic at Steele Indian School Park

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18)  

This week, loosen your grip on a rigid ideal; it is hindering your progress. The sun and Pluto in Capricorn urge you to let go and find peace. Consider a clean break or open your mind to diverse perspectives. Show compassion and detach from codependency. 

Focus on your birthday celebration as the sun enters Aquarius, sparking excitement for the next four weeks. Pursue passions and mingle, but avoid rushing into group commitments. 

The real game-changer is Pluto entering Aquarius, a seismic shift in your identity. After a preview last year, feel the tremors until Sept. 1, marking a 20-year cycle starting in November. Pluto's exit from your twelfth house concludes a 16-year healing and spiritual journey, paving the way for a profound transformation. 

Outdoor adventure: Hike Piestewa Peak

Pisces (Feb. 19 - March 20)

This week, get ready to feel excited as the sun and Pluto come together in your eleventh house. This alignment signals the end of their unique cosmic connection and encourages you to be a positive force for your team. Take charge of discussions and boost morale by setting shared goals. You can leverage technology to enhance your online presence and explore new digital initiatives. Forming a group with supportive individuals can ignite creativity and provide strength in numbers.

On Saturday, the sun moves to Aquarius, ushering in your twelfth house's dreamy and restful vibe. It's the perfect time to prioritize self-care, from meditation to dietary detox. As Pluto reenters Aquarius, it intensifies your empathic and psychic abilities, encouraging inner work and forgiveness. Shed resentment and guilt to navigate the path to emotional freedom and embrace the transformative journey ahead.

Outdoor adventure: Go to Singh Meadows in Tempe

Edited by Sophia Braccio, Sadie Buggle and Caera Learmonth.

Editor’s Note: The dates for the star signs are from Ten Thousand Villages.

Reach the reporter at asvargo@asu.edu and follow @asvargo on X.

×