Other than Ramen: What Cupid Craves

Heart-shaped ice cream sandwiches. Photo courtesy of ErinCooks.com.

Celebrate Valentine’s Day this year by treating your friends, secret love, or significant other to a sweet gift that will tempt their taste buds. Chocolate-covered strawberries are a classic, but here are some unique and college-friendly baking ideas that even Cupid would be wowed by!

Give Rice Krispie bars a royal revamp by making Chocolate Dipped Krispie Valentine Pops (pictured to the left) or Giant Rice Krispie Kisses with a personalized message.

Cross your fingers for a love-filled fortune. These Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookies are super easy, delicious, and adorable. Instead of decorating with Christmas sprinkles like shown, use pink, red or heart shaped sprinkles. Also, for packaging, tie off the bags with Valentine’s Day ribbon.

Snuggle up with a blanket and watch a romantic comedy while sipping Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow Hearts.

Oreos might be milk’s favorite cookie, but they will be your lover’s favorite, too, after you cover them in chocolate. Slowly melt a bag of milk chocolate chips in the microwave, then dip the Oreos in the chocolate, lay on wax paper to dry, and adorn the top with festive sprinkles!

If you are lucky enough to have access to an oven, make these simple and addicting Pretzel Buttons! The combination of salty pretzels and sweet Hershey’s Hugs is so good, it’s sinful. Use pink and red Valentine’s Day M&M’s to add a festive flair.

I scream, you scream! Everyone will be screaming for these heart-shaped Ice Cream Sandwiches, rolled in love-ly sprinkles.

Wanna go gourmet? Try out this No-Bake Cheesecake that is sure to impress.

Beverage of choice for the night: a strawberry float! Fill a glass with strawberry soda, add a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream, garnish with cute straws, whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Or cast a spell with this Lemony Love Potion.

×