Downtown Dispatch: Meals To Go

More often than not, I’m always running late to class. Twice a week, I have a class at noon that goes until almost three o’clock. This class severely cuts into my normal eating schedule, and because of it, I’m always on my way to class when I should be eating lunch (I really, really like sticking to my schedule). Since I usually only have 15 or so minutes to eat, I really enjoy heading to one of my favorite lunch spots in downtown for a healthy to-go meal.

The Phoenix Public Market offers a variety of healthy, inexpensive to-go meals every day. Located on the north side of the store (closer to Royal at the Market) is an open refrigerator that holds a handful of pre-prepared meals for students on the go (or anyone in a rush really). You can usually find wraps, burritos, salads, half wrap and half salad combos, and occasionally a yummy sandwich or two (the combo meals are always my favorite). Oh, and don’t forget to pick up a fizzy water, iced tea, or sweet treat to-go in the cases by the register when you pay for your meal.

So if you’re in a rush and need to pick-up a quick, but healthy meal, check out the Phoenix Public Market for a fast meal that will do the trick.

The Phoenix Public Market is located at 14 E. Pierce Street and is open Tuesday through Saturday, 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.

×