Fall concerts of every genre coming to Valley this fall

Photo courtesy of Atlantic Records.
Photo courtesy of Atlantic Records.

Photo courtesy of Atlantic Records.

Once the unbearable summer heat in the desert fades away, the Valley will swell into a crescendo of musical events. An abundance of talented musicians of multiple genres are set to hit numerous stages. Here are a select few of the upcoming concerts.

For the reggae crowd:The Marquee Theater in Tempe will receive an infusion of culture on Sept. 12 when Matisyahu graces the stage. The reggae artist is known for his remarkable performances in Hebrew and English. The Dirty Heads will accompany him as well. The show begins at 6 p.m. and tickets range from $35-$68.

For the metal crowd:Metal fans can expect an explosive show featuring August Burns Red, Of Mice & Men, The Color Morale and The Overseer on Sept. 23. The concert — also located at the Marquee Theater — starts at 6 p.m. Prices are approximately $51-$63.

For the soft rock crowd: While the 2005 release of Jason Mraz’s album “Mr. A-Z” garnered a decent amount of success, his claim to fame occurred in 2008 with the release of his single “I’m Yours.” Similarly, the single “Jar of Hearts” provided Christina Perri her claim to fame.  The two are scheduled to perform on Oct. 2 at the U.S. Airways Center. The show begins at 7:30 p.m. and tickets cost $48-$68.

For the pop music crowd: Musical trends have been leaning toward the wild and unusual for an extensive amount of time and Adam Lambert fits the bill. Even though Lambert did not win “American Idol” during his stint in the show’s eighth season, his popularity skyrocketed after the releases of “For Your Entertainment” (2009) and “Trespassing” (2012). He’ll be visiting the Valley on Oct. 17 at the Arizona State Fair. His performance will take place at 7 p.m. The concert is free with the purchase of an Arizona State Fair ticket.

For the indie crowd:Fiona Apple appears to have a shy aura, but chills run through spines when she croons into the microphone. The Grammy winner hits Mesa Arts Center with Blake Mills on Sept. 18. The 7:30 p.m. concert’s tickets are about $49.50-$59.50.

For the rap crowd: Snoop Lion, formerly known as Snoop Dogg, set the standards high at the Coachella festival in April and will hopefully mesmerize his fans at Comerica Theater on Sept. 14. Fellow rap stars Ice Cube and Too Short will also make appearances at 8 p.m. Tickets for the show are relatively hefty, ranging from $47-$143.

For the country set: Brad Paisley has established himself as a household name in the country genre.  Since the beginning of his career in 1999, Paisley’s music has topped the charts and has won awards at the Country Music Awards. The Band Perry and Scotty McCreery will join him at Ashley Furniture Homestore Pavilion on Oct. 17. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. Admission starts at $38.25 and the most expensive tickets cost $74.40.

Reach the reporter at lrogoff@asu.edu

×