Police looking for two males suspected of assault near Vista Del Sol apartments

ASU Police reported the following incident Friday:

• Police are investigating a Sept. 21 assault between two 21-year-old Tempe men and two unidentified men at Normal Avenue and Apache Boulevard, according to a police report.Officers saw a man waving down the patrol vehicle at Apache Boulevard and McAllister Avenue, police reported.

The man, who was shirtless and appeared intoxicated, told officers that he had just been assaulted, according to the report.

He pointed to another man standing nearby when the officer asked who assaulted him, police reported.

Police spoke with the accused man and he said he had no idea what the police were talking about, according to the report.

Officers then asked three witnesses and they told police the man had nothing to do with the incident, police reported.

The man who said he had been assaulted told police he was walking home from Mill Avenue when he and a friend wanted to run through the Cady Fountain, according to the report.

The man was walking to Vista Del Sol apartments when another man walked up to him and called him an offensive word and punched him in the mouth, police reported.

The man’s friend began to fight with the attackers before trying to break it up, according to the report.

Police noticed dried blood on the man’s lips but no other injuries were reported, police reported.

One of the alleged attackers was described as a 20-year-old, thin, white male with long brown hair and wearing a red hat backwards, according to the report.

The other alleged attacker also appeared in his 20s and appeared tall and about 180 pounds, police reported. The man described him as wearing a V-neck shirt and khaki shorts, according to the report.

The two men were seen walking toward Vista Del Sol but police have no leads, police reported.

Report compiled by Maria Thompson

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×