Police: man harasses, stalks 2 women around Tempe campus

ASU Police reported the following incident Monday:

• A 29-year-old Culver City, Calif., man was arrested Sept. 17 on the 700 block of East Lemon Street on suspicion of harassment and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

The man began harassing two women as they were walking by the Student Recreation Complex fields, police reported.

One woman recognized the man from the previous day because he was wearing the same clothes, according to the report.

The woman told police he had harassed her the day before while she was leaving Hayden Library, police reported.

She said she told the man she was gay so he would leave her alone, but he continued to follow her until she ran into the Memorial Union, according to the report.

The man was swearing at the two women and making obscene comments about their bodies, police reported.

The man told the women, “You are my servants and I am your king,” according to the report.

He also told the women he “wasn’t afraid of the cops” after the women threatened to call the police, police reported.

Police saw surveillance of the man following the students and arrived at the scene as the two women ran into the Provisions on Demand market at the Hassayampa dorms, according to the report.

The man waited outside the P.O.D Market while one woman called the police and the other talked to an officer standing in the Hassayampa Academic Village courtyard, police reported.

The man shouted rap lyrics and chants during his arrest, according to the report.

Police booked the man into 4th Avenue Jail, police reported.

Report compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×