Underage woman drinks, publically urinates outside police station

ASU police reported the following incidents Tuesday.

• A Saddle River, N.J., woman was arrested Friday morning on the 700 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of minor in consumption and public urination, according to a police report.Police arrived at the Vista Del Sol apartments after an officer reported seeing the woman urinating outside the ASU Police Department cop shop, police reported.

The woman told police she drank alcohol but did not specify which brand or how much she drank, police reported.

An officer smelled alcohol on the woman’s breath and noticed the woman slurring her words and swaying while talking to police, according to the report.

Police explained the citation four times before the woman understood, police reported.

Police gave the woman a citation for underage drinking and public urination, according to the report.

• A Tempe man was arrested on Friday at Rural Road and Apache Boulevard on suspicion of public intoxication, according to a police report.Police pulled up next to the man, who was with a group of people, after seeing him drink from a can covered in a brown paper bag, police reported.

The man tried to throw the bag away after seeing police, according to the report.

Police retrieved it from the trash and saw it was Steel Reserve and only had one third of the drink remaining, police reported.

The man initially told police he didn’t know what was inside the bag, according to the report.

The man then told police that he threw the can away when he saw police walking toward the group, police reported.

Police arrested the man and booked him into 4th Avenue Jail, according to the report.

Upon arrest, police found a green leafy substance later identified as “spice” in the man’s pocket, police reported.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu.

×