Bravo to being old enough for grown-up Halloween fun. Being "too old to trick or treat and too young to die,"  as Eric Foreman puts it, "That '70s Show" is no longer a recipe for a boring night in the basement as we now have easy access to a number of costume parties and bars. But keep in mind, this power is a privilege. Let's keep the weekends sandwiching this year's mid-week Halloween free of harmful shenanigans.

Boo to the proposed Valley Metro fare increase. If the increase is approved, a one-way ticket on the bus or light rail will grow from in price $1.75 to $2.00 and student U-Passes will also cost more. Many students rely on buses and the light rail to get to class, and 25 cents a ride would make a substantial dent in our already empty pockets.

Bravo to ASU library problems. While library patrons at Hayden Library play their music too loud or rest their legs where they don’t belong, at least we don’t have to deal with them pulling knives out.  Police officers had to escort a man who was walking around a UA library with a knife. Bravo to ASU students who are annoying, but safe.

Boo to the traffic that will soon clog Tempe streets for homecoming celebrations. While our yearly celebration of ASU greatness is a vital aspect of our campus lives, we don't relish the influx of traffic and premium on parking. Maybe football will pull of a win to make it all worth it.

Bravo to Arizona for being the 5th lowest amount of student debt nationwide, an average of $19,950. Arizona’s in-state financial aid options are helping students to go to school with relatively little to no debt. However, student debt still remains a pressing concern in students’ lives.

Want to join the conversation? Send an email to opiniondesk.statepress@gmail.com. Keep letters under 300 words and be sure to include your university affiliation. Anonymity will not be granted.

×