Bravo to the percentage of drinking and driving teenagers dropping by more than 50 percent from 1991 to 2011, according to a study from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. All of us '90s kids and wannabe '90s kids evidently did something right if it made Mothers Against Drunk Driving have fewer reasons to be so mad.

Boo to the “First Lady Cookie Contest,” sponsored by Family Circle magazine, between First Lady Michelle Obama and Ann Romney.  The first lady’s white and dark chocolate cookies won over Romney’s M&M cookies with 4,844 votes. The contest is a 20-year tradition with just as long of a history of criticism. While some people think the competition is held in good clean fun, the contest seems so trivial in such a heightened state of political affairs.

Bravo to the dad on Reddit for how gracefully he handled his son’s pornography habits. Every teenager, heck every adult, carefully guards his or her browsing history from their parents. This father discovered his son’s porn-laden browsing history and wrote an endearing letter to his son, letting him know that he wouldn’t tell him he wasn’t mad and he wouldn’t tell his wife. If his son wanted to talk about it, he was available, but if he didn’t, that was “fine,” too.

Boo to movies that kill great music. It was announced this week that Green Day would be featured on the next “Twilight” soundtrack.  The “Twilight” saga has given immature tweens the pleasure of feeling like musical masterminds by delivering a soundtrack with stellar indie artists like Death Cab for Cutie, The Black Keys and The Killers. Movies and great music should not cross worlds; artists need to stop selling-out and look to cheesy movies to promote their music.

Bravo to students being braver when it comes to reporting sexual assaults. According to sources in Wednesday's "Tempe sexual assaults more than double in past year," the increased numbers in reported sexual assaults could have stemmed from students' becoming more willing to report sexual assaults.

×