Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 27-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sept. 22 at Mill Avenue and Third Street on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, a prior driving under the influence conviction, failure to appear in court and driving under the influence, according to a police report.Officers pulled the man over after his vehicle hit the median, ran off the road and collided with a sign, police reported.After the collision, members of Tempe Fire Department saw the man by the driver’s door, according to the report.Police found the man’s driver’s license inside the vehicle and the man said he was driving, police reported.

The man smelled of alcohol, his eyes were red and his speech was slurred, according to the report.

Officers conducted a field sobriety test and noticed possible signs of intoxication, police reported.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he submitted to a breathalyzer test twice. He was found to have a 0.214 and a 0.217 blood alcohol content, according to the report.

The man was booked and held pending charges, police reported.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Sept. 21 on the 1300 block of East Don Carlos Avenue on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.The man was pulled over after making a U-turn, losing wheel traction and running a stop sign, according to the report.Officers asked the man if something was wrong with the car, and he said he was sorry for driving “stupid” and causing the tires to spin, police reported.The man smelled of marijuana and said he did not have a medical marijuana card, according to the report. He said he had been at an apartment where people where smoking marijuana earlier, police reported.

Officers searched the vehicle and found a bag with marijuana under the passenger seat, according to the report.

The man said he had smoked marijuana earlier, he knew it was inside the vehicle and he was sure his fingerprints would be on the bag, according to the report.

The man was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released on pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Dulce Paloma Baltazar Pedraza.

Reach the reporter at dpbaltaz@asu.edu

×