Man, girlfriend transport 14 grams of heroin

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 27-year-old Tucson man was arrested Sept. 25 on the 100 block of West University Drive on suspicion of narcotic possession and marketing stolen property, according to a police report.Officers pulled the man over because he was drifting lanes, police reported. A K-9 alert prompted police to investigate the vehicle, according to the report.Police found 14 grams of heroin in two separate bags and several stolen clothing and jewelry items in the man’s trunk, police reported.The man’s girlfriend, who was in the passenger seat, told police he purchased the items for $100 from an unidentified man at the Knight’s Inn in Phoenix, according to the report.

The woman told police she knew they were stolen because security sensors and tags were still attached, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Read about the girlfriend’s arrest here.

• A 19-year-old Paradise Valley man was arrested Wednesday on the 1400 block of Mill Avenue on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to a police report.Police pulled the man over because he made an unsafe lane change and the officer smelled marijuana, police reported.A K-9 unit found a “wooden barrel” in the vehicle that contained a green leafy substance that had a marijuana odor and hashish, according to the report.The man told police he bought marijuana earlier that day and was bringing it to his roommate, police reported.

Police brought the man to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending drug charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×