SPM Beauty: Fall-o the Trends

Despite the lack of cooler weather, fall is finally here. Check out some of the latest trends for this season and how to achieve them without breaking your wallet.

1. Green Eye Shadow

Jewel and earth-toned green shadows are an absolute must for this season. My affordable go-to shades are definitely in the Wet n Wild Comfort Zone Palette. This palette not only has three awesome green shadows, but also some fantastic neutrals that are an absolute staple in any makeup collection. You can purchase one of these bad boys from any drugstore for $4.99.

2. Winged Eye Liner

Winged liner is a classic trend that is being revamped this season. The Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner is affordable and incredibly easy to use. It has a small felt tip that provides easy application. The longevity of this liner has surpassed countless others even in the sweltering Arizona heat. Much like the palette, you can purchase this in most drugstores for around $4.99.

3. Groomed Brows

Not that it’s ever a bad time to have neat brows, but groomed and accentuated brows made a huge appearance at the Mercedes-Benz Fall Fashion Week. Every girl’s brows are different, so I would recommend filling in any empty spaces with an eye shadow that’s a couple shades lighter than your hair color. Be sure to stick with matte shadows and don’t be afraid to mix colors to get that perfect shade for you. Work in small, careful strokes and follow the natural shape of your brows. After you’ve added some shadow, work through your brows with a clear mascara to keep them groomed and sealed in place.  My designated brow products from the drugstore are the L’Oreal HiP Duos and the Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara. You can buy both of these at most drugstores for around $15 total.

4. Bright Matte Lips

Sporting a bright matte lip color is an efficient way to spice up any look. If you don’t have time to slave over your eyeshadow, you can certainly amp up your complexion with a bright lip color. Having a bare, understated eye with a hot matte lip is a timeless look that can be achieved without having to spend too much time in the morning. My all time favorite product to use for this exact purpose is the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Antwerp. NYX has a wide range of colors to choose from, which are all available for $6 at ULTA Beauty or at cherryculture.com.

5. Flushed Cheeks

One of the most sought after looks for cheeks is the aprés-ski (after skiing) look. A cream or matte powder blush can easily achieve this sought after look. NYX makes some of the most incredibly pigmented blushes, and the Peach Blush is no exception. You can get your very own snow-kissed cheek fix for $5 at cherryculture.com.

Questions, comments, mascara recommendations?

Reach the writer at virene91@gmail.com or via Twitter @NessLikeWhoa

×