Student arrested on suspicion of possessing a fake ID

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A Tempe man was arrested Oct. 10 on Parkway Boulevard and McAllister Avenue on suspicion of possessing a fake identification card, according to a police report.Police saw the man sitting with three other students and smoking what looked like a cigarette, according to the report.

The officer smelled a marijuana odor and asked the man for his driver’s license that the man did not have, police reported.

After searching the man’s wallet, police found a fake driver’s license with the man’s photograph and signature, according to the report.

The driver’s license was from Pennsylvania, but the man told police he was from California, police reported.

The man told police it was “a novelty ID,” according to the report.

Police cited the man for possessing a fake ID, police reported.

• A 40-year-old Mesa man is accused of stealing a television set from a woman’s house on the 6000 block of South Roslyn on Oct. 9, according to a police report.The woman told police the man was watching their son for less than five hours when he took the television from her home, according to the report.

The man told the woman he took the television to get it serviced at Wal-Mart, but Wal-Mart employees said the store did not service it, police reported.

The woman provided police with the man’s name and date of birth but did not give contact information because she said the man would “lie to officers,” according to the report.

Police entered the television set into their database in case the man tries to sell it at a pawn shop, police reported.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu.

×