Man arrested on suspicion of drunk driving with teen daughter in car

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

A 49-year-old Gilbert man was arrested Wednesday on the 1400 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to a police report.

An officer pulled the man over after seeing the car drive off the road on Apache Boulevard, police reported.

Police noticed the man had bloodshot eyes, and he told police he drank earlier that night, according to the report.

A sobriety test revealed that he had a 0.130 percent blood alcohol concentration, police reported.

The man’s 14-year-old daughter was also in the car, according to the report.

The man was booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

Two 23-year-old Phoenix women were arrested Thursday at Curry and Scottsdale roads on suspicion of drug and firearm possession and driving with a suspended license, according to a police report.

Police did a records check after an officer saw the women pull into a QuikTrip parking lot, according to the report.

The license plates were invalidly registered and the officer pulled her car over, police reported.

The driver appeared very nervous and told the officer she had marijuana and methamphetamine in her pocket, according to the report.

Police also found a glass pipe with white residue and a useable amount of heroin, police reported.

The passenger had a gun in her purse and was arrested on suspicion of firearm possession, according to the report.

Police brought the driver to Tempe City Jail and released her pending drug charges.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×