Woman’s iPhone stolen after leaving Burger King

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

Police are investigating the theft of a 21-year-old Tempe woman’s iPhone 4 on Saturday on the 300 block of East Orange Street, according to a police report.

The woman told police she left her phone on a Burger King cashier counter while she went to get money, police reported.

The woman noticed her phone was missing when she returned, according to the report.

Video from Burger King’s surveillance cameras showed the woman leaving the counter with her phone, police reported.

The woman’s friend used an application to track her phone, which showed its location on Scottsdale Road, according to the report.

The woman told police she does not want to aid in prosecution, police reported.

Total loss is approximately $200 dollars, according to the report.

A 24-year-old Texas man was arrested Saturday on the 800 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of criminal damage, according to a police report.

Police responded to a call about a man throwing rocks at parked vehicles in Lot 15, police reported.

An officer reported chasing after the man on foot after seeing him throw rocks at two vehicles’ rear windows, damaging them, according to the report.

The owner of one of the damaged cars is willing to press charges, police reported.

The owner of the second car wasn’t contacted at the scene, but police left a note on the car to contact ASU Police, according to the report.

Total cost of damages is approximately $500 dollars, police reported.

Police brought the man to Fourth Avenue Jail where he was booked, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×