TVs, speakers stolen from man’s car

ASU Police reported the following incident Friday:

Police are investigating a burglary that happened Dec. 2 at the 500 block of South Packard Drive, according to a police report.

An 18-year-old Tempe man called police because an unknown person broke into his 1997 Nissan Pathfinder and took several items, police reported.

The man parked his car on the second level of Parking Structure 7 at 9 p.m. and noticed the missing items the next morning, according to the report.

The lock on the driver’s door was missing, and police said a screwdriver damaged the keyhole, police reported.

The car alarm was not working, and there are no usable fingerprints on the car, according to the report.

Stolen items include an AHVC Pioneer Double-DIN Touch Screen, two speakers, a 1600-Watt Sony amplifier and two television screens, police reported.

The man told police someone broke into his car a few months before near the same location, police reported.

Estimated loss is approximately $1,000, according to the report.

Tempe Police reported the following incident Friday:

A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested Nov. 30 on the 700 block of West University Drive on suspicion of marijuana and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police pulled the man’s car over after he made an improper turn, police reported.

Officers noticed the smell of marijuana coming from the vehicle, and they asked the man to search his car, according to the report.

A K-9 sniff of the outside of the vehicle revealed that marijuana was in the man’s car, police reported.

Officers found a plastic bag of marijuana under the front passenger sea on which the man was sitting, according to the report.

Police also found drug paraphernalia under the man’s seat, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail and booked on suspicion of marijuana possession, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Maria Thompson.

Reach the reporter at mkthomp5@asu.edu

×