Students rip up signs by Hayden

ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

Early on Jan. 27, police responded to reports that three men were ripping signs out of the ground and tossing them near Hayden Stacks and Central Plant, according to a police report.

The men provided their driver’s licenses to the officer, police reported. The officer smelled ethyl alcohol upon their breath, but all three denied drinking, according to the report.

The officer spoke separately to one of the men, who said he had consumed beer and vodka, police reported. The man said he was the only person ripping the signs out of the ground and was “just messing around,” according to the report.

There was no damage detected to the signs, police reported.

Two of the three men were arrested on suspicion of consuming alcohol while under the legal age, according to the report. The third male was released, police reported.

Police are searching for individuals who committed burglary between Jan. 25 and Jan. 28 on the 1700 block of South Rural Road, according to a police report.

The people cut padlocks, unlawfully entered and took items from four storage lockers in the Materials Service Building, police reported.

The lockers burglarized belonged to the Electric Shop and the Plumbing Shop and were last secured on Jan. 25, according to the report.

Two of the locks were missing and the other two were cut and left on the doors, police reported. Door handles to the far west lockers were also missing, according to the report.

Several spools of copper, high voltage wire and copper wire cut from junctions were missing from the far west locker, but a further accounting of any other missing items still needs to be taken, police reported.

Police were unable to retrieve fingerprints from the lockers or locks, according to the report.

Police are investigating a burglary that took place between noon on Saturday and Sunday morning on the 500 block of South Packard Drive, according to a police report.

A person or persons broke into a parked 2002 Chevrolet pickup and stole the owner’s Pioneer Stereo from the dash, police reported.

The driver’s side door lock was pried and unlocked, according to the report. The lock is still functioning, and there is no apparent damage to the dash, police reported.

The value of the stereo is estimated at $150, according to the report.

No cameras were in the area where the burglary occurred, police reported.

Reports compiled by Sarah Anderson.

Reach the reporter at smande17@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @SarahDeAnderson

×