$3,000 picture display taken from Pi Beta Phi sorority

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

Police are searching for a person suspected of burglary on the 700 block of East Apache Boulevard.

On Tuesday, the president of the Pi Beta Phi sorority reported a burglary that occurred on Dec. 4 or Dec. 5 at the Adelphi Commons, according to a police report.

A large display piece, 4 feet wide by 3 feet tall, containing photographs of each sorority member between 2011 and 2012 was taken, police reported.

The display is valued at $3,000, police reported.

Fearing it was a prank among ASU's Greek community, the sorority president sent an email through ASU’s Greek Life network asking for the return of the display, police reported.

The room the display was stored in showed no signs of forced entry, police reported.

The room is secured by key, combination lock and through ASU Sun Card access, all of which bypass each other and allow unmonitored access to the room, according to the report.

A 21-year-old woman was arrested on South Mill Avenue and East University Drive on suspicion of having an outstanding misdemeanor warrant, according to a police report.

Police found the woman lying on her back on the sidewalk while another woman laid next to her, according to the report.

Both women appeared to be intoxicated, police reported.

Both women were identified by Arizona identification cards and refused to be transported to the hospital after police contacted the Tempe Fire Department, police reported.

After a warrant check, police found that the woman had an outstanding misdemeanor warrant from Tempe Police, according to the report.

Police detained the woman woman after she tried getting up from the ground to find a restroom, which police already explained that there were no restrooms open to the public at that time, police reported.

Tempe Police arrived to take custody of the woman, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Randsom Rockliffe.

Reach the reporter at rrocklif@asu.edu and on Twitter @RRockliffe

×