ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A man was arrested Tuesday on the 500 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of bike theft, according to a police report.

After police stopped the man near a bike rack, officers saw that the bike rack had been dismantled and a wrench was on the ground nearby, police reported.

The man told police the wrench was not his and did not break down the bike rack, according to the report.

Police ran a registration check of the bike in the man's possession and found that it belonged to someone else.

A records check was also done by police, which revealed the man had numerous warnings for trespassing and had previously been arrested for trespassing at ASU, police reported.

Police searched the man and found a pair of tin snips tucked into the front of his pants, according to the report.

He was later released under his own recognizance, police reported.

A man was arrested Monday near the intersection of South Rural Road and East University Drive on suspicion of a criminal traffic violation, according to a police report.

Police saw the man driving a black Cadillac Escalade with no license plate traveling northbound on Rural Road, police reported.

The rear window of the vehicle was heavily tinted and coated with dust, according to the report.

After making a stop, police found a three-day temporary restricted-use permit and identified the man, police reported.

After running his name through dispatch, police realized that the vehicle had been impounded by Flagstaff Police for 30 days and that the man's driver's license was suspended with court action required, according to the report.

Dispatch told police that the man was the subject of a non-extraditable misdemeanor warrant from Colorado, police reported.

The vehicle was impounded, the man was issued a citation and was released, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Randsom Rockliffe

Reach the reporter at rrocklif@asu.edu or on Twitter @RRockliffe

×