Woman suspected of underage drinking

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday: 

• A woman was arrested Friday on the 1400 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of underage drinking, according to a police report.

Police officers approached the woman, who was with two friends, and verified that two friends were over 21 years of age, police reported.

The woman began walking away from police, but they caught up to her and smelled alcohol on her breath, according to the report.

The woman refused to tell police officers her date of birth or show any form of Identification, police reported.

Later, the woman gave the officers her information, revealing that she was under 21, police reported.

The officers issued the woman a citation, which she crumpled, and then was released, police reported.

•  

• A man was arrested Friday morning on the 500 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of underage drinking, according to a police report.

Police were in the Villas at Vista Del Sol student housing complex when they were approached by the man, who was carrying two beer cans, police reported.

The officer noticed the man had bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol on his breath, according to the report.

When the man told police he was underage, police arrested and issued him a citation for underage drinking, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade

Reach the reporter at sgslade@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×