Top 5 restaurants to check out before the semester ends

It is that time of year again: finals week. Long lines at Starbucks, people fighting over tables in Hayden Library and an increased amount of sweatpants are just some of the few signs that the stressful part of the semester is upon us. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel full of summer air. The dreams of sitting on the beach or taking a vacation keep us students from pulling our hair out during finals. Another stress-relieving mechanism that will get you through that physics final is food. Yes, there is the legendary finals week ammunition called coffee, but you can't take on exams with an empty stomach. So why not check these local places off your food bucket list before leaving campus for the summer and catch a break from studying.

1. D'Lish (Apache Boulevard and Terrace) This place is by far one of the best breakfast and lunch places in Tempe. D'Lish is a drive through that provides its customers with food that is healthy and good for the soul. It's California Club breakfast sandwich is to die for.

2. Desert Roots Kitchen (In the Mill Avenue Shops Courtyard) This one is for the vegetarians and vegans. Another health conscious restaurant, Desert Roots Kitchen is a local place that values fresh, local and global cuisine. The menu changes every day, and the cuisine will surprise even the taste buds of fast-food junkies.

3. Med Fresh Grill (Mill Avenue) Opa! Med Fresh Grill serves up traditional Mediterranean and Greek cuisine. Try the Dolma or one of the kababs and get your Greek grub on.

4. Barzini's Italian Restaurant (Apache Boulevard and Dorsey) Carb up for finals at Barzini's. Recently opened, Barzini's serves authentic Italian food. Try the eggplant Parmesan dinner. Another plus is that they deliver. Yes, they DELIVER.

5. Paletas Betty (Mill Avenue and 5th) In the need for something sweet? Paletas Betty specializes in homemade mexican cream and fruit pops. I warn you, once you have Paletas Betty, especially the chocolate flavor cream pop, you will be forever addicted.

What are you waiting for? Get out and check these scrumptious places off you list, so you can brag to your friends back home about the amazing local restaurants you have in Tempe.

Reach the reporter at hdiiullo@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @HaleighD_SP.

×