Killah Priest talks collaboration album with Ghostface Killah

Wu-Tang Clan fans have another project to look forward to as they patiently wait for the Clan's newest album, "A Better Tomorrow," which is set to release next year.

Long-time Wu-Tang affiliate, Killah Priest announced in early May that he will be releasing a spiritual collaboration album with Ghostface Killah called, "Natural Born Killers," which currently has no set release date. Priest says he and Ghostface came up with the idea of the spiritually themed album while reading religious scriptures on the road of Ghostface's "Twelve Reasons To Die" tour earlier this year.

Priest, who is well-known for his spiritual lyrics ever since his song "B.I.B.L.E. (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth)" appeared on GZA's 1995 album, "Liquid Swords," explained how he and Ghostface have evolved as artists and why they are releasing this collaborative project.

"Me and Ghostface started rapping at the same time," Killah Priest said. "We were kids back then, but now we're men. As men, we have to do something to better the world. Fans can take what they want from this project, but what me and Ghost are doing is sharing positive energy to help the people."

Shamier Smith, a public policy senior shared his thoughts on the upcoming collaboration.

"Ghostface Killah is one of my top three storytellers, in my opinion," Smith said. "I know him and Killah Priest have a deep passion for hip-hop, and when two people have the same passion for something, the outcome will be great. I can't wait to see how this comes out."

Aside from "Natural Born Killers," Killah Priest is working on a new solo project called "Planet of the Gods." He will also take the stage with the Wu-Tang Clan and a holograph of the late Russell Tyrone Jones, known as Ol' Dirty Bastard, to headline the "Rock The Bells" tour on Sept. 8 at the San Manuel Amphitheater in San Bernardino, Calif. Priest also plans on doing a tour with Ghostface Killah as "Natural Born Killers" nears completion.

With all of the project in the works, Killah Priest assures that Wu-Tang fans will be more than satisfied.

Reach the reporter at cmgaray@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @ghost1effect

×