Tempe Police: Woman threatens boyfriend with steak knife

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Friday:

• A 34-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Feb. 20 on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, according to a police report.

The woman threatened her live-in boyfriend with a 6-inch steak knife as he packed his clothes to leave the apartment, the report said.

The woman had been standing a few feet away from her boyfriend when she pointed the knife at him and said, “If you don’t pack your sh-t faster, I will cut you,” the report said.

The boyfriend said he feared for his safety and was afraid to turn his back on the woman, not knowing if she would stab him, according to the report.

The couple had been in a relationship for two years and had lived together for three months, according to the report.

The woman was transported and booked into Tempe City Jail, the report said.

• A 20-year-old Tempe man was arrested Feb. 21 on the 900 block of East Apache Boulevard on suspicion of narcotic drug possession, according to a police report.

The man was contacted by police outside of an elevator on the fourth floor leaving a party, the report said.

The man was in possession of alcohol and admitted to consuming alcohol while underage at the party, the report said.

The man tested positive on a breathalyzer with a BAC of .148, according to the report.

The man was asked for his identification. When he removed his wallet from his pant’s pocket, a small clear plastic bag containing a white powder fell out of his pocket and onto the floor, the report said.

He reached down quickly and picked up the bag and placed it in his pant’s pocket and was asked by officers what was in the bag, and the man said cocaine, according to the report.

The man was placed in handcuffs, read his Miranda rights and then admitted that the powder was cocaine, which he had bought on Feb. 14 for $60 and used three times in the past week and a half, the report said.

He said he knew possessing cocaine was illegal, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Joey Hancock.

Reach the reporter at jshanco2@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @joey_hancock

×