Tempe Police: Woman lies to hide identity from officers, street people

Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A 25-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Sept. 20 on the 300 bock of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of an outstanding warrant, failure to appear in court and a false report to the police, according to a police report.

The woman was originally stopped by officers for trespassing on Hayden Square, police reported.

According to the report, the woman originally claimed to be from Indiana and gave officers a false name and date of birth. She then changed her story, stating that she had never lived out of state and said she was two years younger, police reported.

The woman admitted to falsifying this information, and told officers she didn’t want the "street people" she was with to know her real identity, according to the report.

When officers ran a search on the woman, they found there was a warrant out for her arrest, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 25-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Sept. 21 on the 100 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana possession and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

Officers contacted the man after several other people told them that the man was carrying around drug paraphernalia, police reported.

The man told officers that he did have a metal pipe and a bag of marijuana in his pocket at the time, according the the report.

The man was booked in the Tempe City Jail, where he was later released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Rachael Tashbook.

Reach the reporter at rtashboo@asu.edu or follow her on twitter at @Rachael_Ta

×