Tempe Police: Man kicks officer in groin after instigating bar brawl

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 21-year-old Tempe man was arrested Jan. 24 on the 600 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct and aggravated assault, according to a police report.

Police were originally called because of a man that started a brawl at Mill Cue Club, police reported.

The man’s slurred speech and bloodshot, watery eyes made him appear intoxicated, according to the report.

While under arrest, the man kicked the police car door and struck an officer’s hand and groin area, according to the report.

Officers pushed the man onto the van floor and placed him in hobbles to prevent further injury, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 27-year-old Tempe man was arrested on Feb. 6 on the 1300 block of North Miller Road on suspicion of narcotic and paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Officers had been dispatched to the origin of a suspicious person call and detained the man and his friend after the two began to act strangely, police reported.

During a search of the man's car, officers located a loaded syringe containing heroin, pieces of cotton swabs, a black-colored spoon with burnt black residue, numerous syringe caps and a black belt, police reported.

The man admitted he had intended to “shoot up” prior to police arrival, and the drugs and paraphernalia had been supplied by the passenger, who police subsequently arrested, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter.

×