Tempe Police: Man crashes car while driving drunk

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press) Tempe Police Headquarters (Photo illustration by Emily Johnson/The State Press)

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

A 50 year-old man was arrested Feb. 13 at University Drive and Farmer Avenue on suspicion of three counts of aggravated driving under the influence, according to a police report.

Officers arrived at the scene of a car accident after receiving a 911 call, police reported. There were no injuries reported, according to the report.

Officers confirmed the man had been driving drunk based on a field sobriety test, according to the report.

Three children under the age of 15 were in the backseat and two were not restrained properly, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 21 year-old Arizona man was arrested on Feb. 13 in the 500 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of failing to carry identification as a registered sex offender, according to a police report.

The man was standing on the corner when police approached him and asked for his identification, police reported.

The man admitted he was a registered sex offender but he had lost his identification, according to the report. The man told officers that he was on his way to go get a new identification card, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×