ASU baseball game at UNLV suspended due to electrical issue

ASU baseball's game will resume at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning after being suspended.

Sophomore David Greer hits for a single in the bottom of the fourth inning against University of New Mexico at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on Wednesday March 18, 2015. The Sun Devils defeated the Lobos 4-3. (Jacob Stanek/ The State Press)

Tuesday night's ASU baseball game against UNLV in Las Vegas was suspended due to a dysfunctional right-field stadium light and will resume at 10 a.m. Wednesday morning. 

The electrical issue was being treated as a rain delay and an electrician was reportedly on the way to fix the light, but after about 20 minutes, the game was officially suspended.

ASU baseball was leading 5-2 in the bottom of the third inning, but the Rebels had the bases loaded in Hever Bueno's first career start. 

The Sun Devils struck in the first when Brian Serven's RBI single scored Johnny Sewald, who unsurprisingly walked to lead off the game. 

UNLV responded quickly with a run in the bottom half, but the Sun Devils continued the early-game surge, tallying a three-run second inning.

Joey Bielek, Saturday's 10th-inning hero, started the inning with an RBI single. Then, freshman Andrew Snow, whose go-ahead homer beat Utah last Thursday, hit a two-run single to make it 4-1 ASU.

Later in the inning, Colby Woodmansee hit an RBI single to score Snow, which gave the Sun Devils a four-run lead. 

ASU chased UNLV's first two pitchers, Dan Skelly and Joey Lauria, who each pitched an inning for the Rebels. After two innings, ASU's five runs were equivalent to the five runs it scored in the entire game when the Sun Devils played UNLV in March.

UNLV scored another run in the second inning and had the bases loaded trailing 5-2 when the game was called. 

Reach the reporter at Justin.Toscano@asu.edu or follow @justintoscano3 on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook or follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

×