Tempe Police: Woman catches man watching her dogs in living room

The home’s owner caught the man watching her dogs while he stood in the living room

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 32-year-old Phoenix man was arrested March 29 on the 300 block of East Fillmore Street on suspicion of first-degree criminal trespassing, according to a police report.

The man had unlawfully entered the residence through the fenced backyard and opened the back door, police reported.

The home’s owner caught the man watching her dogs while he stood in the living room, according to the report.

She left the area and called police to deal with the situation, police reported. 

During an interview, the woman positively identified the man, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 31-year-old Mesa woman was arrested March 30 on the 5100 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of shoplifting and narcotic drug possession, according to a police report.

Whole Foods employees watched the woman run out of the store with $608.54 worth of clothing, shoes and food, police reported.

The store manager attempted to contact the woman, but she ran into a business complex across the street, according to the report.

Officers detained her within the business complex, and she admitted to the theft during an interview, police reported. 

A search revealed a small baggie of black tar heroin and two narcotic drug patches, which the woman claimed to have prescription for, though they were not found in a prescription bottle, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending drug charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @aimeenplante.

×