Tempe Police: Woman causes 3-car pileup, appears to be intoxicated with child in car

A 31-year-old Mesa woman was arrested after she appeared to cause an accident involving three vehicles.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday: 

A 31-year-old Mesa woman was arrested April 6 at North Scottsdale Road and the Loop 202 freeway on suspicion of aggravated driving under the influence, according to a police report. 

Officers were called to the scene after a collision, police reported. The woman was the driver of a vehicle that ran a red light, causing the accident involving two other vehicles, according to the report. 

The woman showed several signs of intoxication upon contact with officers, police reported. Officers located the woman’s infant child inside the vehicle at the time of the collision, according to the report. 

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report. 

A 22-year-old Oakland, California man was arrested April 6 on the 2100 block of South Priest Drive on suspicion of forgery, according to the police report. 

Officers were alerted to a situation when a second man contacted police about his credit card being used without his permission, police reported. The charge was $254.98 at the Double Tree Hotel located at the 2100 block of South Priest Drive, according to the report.

Police contacted the man and performed a search on the hotel room and a rental car, according to the report. 

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the police report. 

Reports compiled by Jessica Suerth. 

Reach the reporter at Jlsuerth@asu.edu or follow @SuerthJessica on Twitter. Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×