Former ASU defensive lineman Marcus Hardison drafted in 2015 NFL Draft

Hardison was selected by the Bengals in the fourth round

, Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe. (Photo by Ben Moffat)

Former ASU defensive lineman Marcus Hardison was selected by the Cincinnati Bengals with the 135th overall pick in the fourth round of the 2015 NFL Draft Saturday.

Hardison played two seasons for the Sun Devils after transferring from Dodge City Community College, emerging as a key starter during his senior year in 2014.

Hardison led the team with 10 sacks and 15 tackles for a loss in 2014 and was named an All-Pac-12 Honorable Mention. He was also named the Sun Bowl defensive MVP in ASU's 36-31 win over Duke in December.

The 6-foot-4, 300 pound defensive lineman had 58 tackles, 16 tackles for loss and 11 sacks in 26 games over two seasons in Tempe.

Hardison's stock rose throughout the year, with several standout performances during the second half of the season. His most notable performance came on Nov. 8 against Notre Dame, where he had his first career interception along with two pass break-ups and two tackles.

Hardison, who primarily played defensive end for the Sun Devils, moved to the 3-technique defensive tackle position for the pre-draft Senior Bowl and is expected to be an interior defensive lineman at the next level.

Hardison joins fellow former Sun Devil Vontaze Burfict on the Bengals defense that is expected to contend as one of the best in the AFC North.

Fellow Sun Devils Damarious RandallJaelen Strong and Jamil Douglas were already selected in the draft, with Randall becoming the first Sun Devil to be selected in the first round of the NFL Draft since Terrell Suggs was selected No. 10 overall in 2003.

The last time that four Sun Devils were selected in the NFL Draft came in 2010.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×