Tempe Police: Man pawns items taken during burglary

A 19-year-old Guadalupe man was arrested on suspicion of trafficking stolen property with a juvenile.

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following on Wednesday:

A 19-year-old Guadalupe man was arrested on suspicion of trafficking stolen property and two outstanding Tempe City Warrants, on May 14 on the 400 block of West Orion Street, according to a police report.

During an investigation it was revealed that a juvenile suspect committed the burglary attached with this crime, police reported.

The juvenile was on court order to wear an ankle monitoring device during the time of the burglary and it was through the GPS on the device that investigators located him in the residence during burglary, according to a police report.

The man then pawned some of the items taken in the burglary including a Kindle tablet with the same serial number of the one stolen, a unique ring matching the victims description and an electric sanding tool, police reported. All three items were reported stolen in the burglary that same day, police reported.

The man was seen on surveillance returning to a pawn shop the same day to pawn different items and there was also a pawn check found for the man, according to a report. 

In an interview the man admitted to getting the the items from the juvenile and another unknown subject who accompanied the boy, according to a police report. The man said he pawned the items for them because they were not old enough to do so, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report. 

Report compiled by Megan Janetsky.

Reach the reporter at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×