New ASU home uniforms given early reveal by adidas

The Sun Devils debuted a brand-new look with the apparel company on Twitter

Adidas ASU home football uni

ASU's new home uniforms were revealed on Twitter Wednesday night (Photo Courtesy of @adidasFballUS)

They're here.

ASU football's new home uniforms appeared to have been revealed Wednesday night when adidas revealed the combo on Twitter.

The look, which had been teased just a couple hours earlier, was revealed as @adidasFballUS's new profile photo and header.

The look was also teased as the top banner for ESPN.com, as the apparel company did for its releases for UCLA, Miami and Nebraska earlier this offseason.

This is the first game uniform to be unveiled by the apparel company since the school began an eight-year, $33.8 million contract with the apparel company on July 1.

The uniform is a variation from the school's Nike set, with a maroon helmet joining the maroon jersey and gold pants as opposed to a gold/maroon/gold combination. The helmet appears to an enlarged pitchfork on each side with maroon fill and gold outline. The sleeves also feature a gold stripe that is the inverse of the old look.

One crucial element that remained the same was the "PT42" emblem on the collar and front of the helmet to honor former Sun Devil Pat Tillman.

The rest of the base uniform sets are expected to be revealed exclusively on AZCentral.com's "The Heat Index" at 7 a.m. Thursday.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×