ASU football agrees to future home-and-home series against UNLV

The Sun Devils will face off against the Rebels in 2020 and 2021

Football Breaking News

ASU football announced Friday that they had agreed to a future football series with UNLV for the 2020 and 2021 seasons.

The Sun Devils will travel to Las Vegas, Nev. to play the Rebels on Sept. 12, 2020, with a home game in Tempe set for Sept. 11, 2021.

“We are excited to announce this series with UNLV,” ASU athletic director Ray Anderson said in a statement.  “With our scheduling philosophy we are always looking to schedule home-/home series with selected institutions within our geographical footprint.  UNLV as an institution and Las Vegas as a destination fit that perfectly.  We believe our fan base will enjoy this series.”

The two schools have met just once before, with UNLV picking up a 23-20 win in Tempe in 2008.

With the series announcement, ASU's non-conference slate for 2020 is complete. The team with open their 2020 season against NAU on Sept. 5, play the first game of the UNLV set and then face BYU on Sept. 19.

ASU now has scheduled matchups against UNLV and BYU (Sept. 18) for the 2021 season, with one slot remaining.

The Sun Devils have gone 7-2 in non-conference matchups (excluding bowl games) since hiring head coach Todd Graham inDec. 2011.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×