Tempe Police: Man attempts to shoplift alcohol by hiding it in pants

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 38-year-old man was arrested June 29 on the 900 block of West Broadway Road on suspicion of shoplifting and possession and use of marijuana, according to a police report.

The man walked into a Circle K, grabbled a bottle of alcohol and concealed it in his pants, according to the report.

He proceeded to purchase other items and the incident was captured on the store’s video surveillance system, police reported.

The man never made any move to purchase the alcohol concealed in his pants, according to the report.

A search of his person during the arrest revealed the man was carrying a plastic bag of marijuana in the pocket of his jeans, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 34-year-old Tempe man was arrested July 1 on the 1800 block of East Oxford Drive on suspicion of criminal trespass, according to a police report.

The man walked into the home occupied by the victim and her family, police reported.

Upon entering he sat down in both their kitchen and their living room, walking around the house, police reported.

The victim said she didn’t know the man nor did she invite him in to her residence, according to the report. When confronted by the woman, the man left the residence, police reported.

He was lying down on the front lawn of the family’s home when police arrived to contact him and arrest him after the woman told them she would be willing to aid in prosecution, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Megan Janetsky.

Reach the reporter at megan.janetsky@asu.edu or follow @meganjanetsky on Twitter.

×